The Malta Health Network (MHN) promotes the health-related interests of patients and the wider community by updating itself about international ‘best practices’ and ‘capacity-building’. The MHN achieves this through its regular contacts with local and international health-related Governmental Organisations, Non-Governmental Organisations, ‘Not-for-Profit’ Organisations and Patient Representative Groups.
In order to promote the health-related interests of patients and the wider community, the Malta Health Network (MHN) updates itself about ‘best practices’ and ‘capacity building’ through its regular contacts with health-related Governmental Organisations (GOs), Non-Governmental Organisations (NGOs), ‘Not-for-Profit’ Organisations (NPOs) and Patient Representative Groups (PRGs). The MHN strives to give patients a voice in health-related for a in Malta, in the EU and internationally.
The MHN is independent of the Government of Malta and of any political party or organization. When the MHN was established in 2007, it represented 20 founder-organisations: today it represents over 30. The MHN is especially active in promoting The European Charter of Patients’ Rights.
- To give patients a voice on health-related issues in Malta and beyond;
- To influence national, health-related, policies and practices in the interest of the community;
- To establish a framework which facilitates communications on health-related and patients’ concerns between Government, Health Product Suppliers, Health NGOs, Health NPOs and PRGs;
- To promote the representation of Health NGOs, Health NPOs and PRGs in national and international fora;
- To network actively between people who experience health problems and health-related organisations;
- To contribute towards and influence national, health-related policies and action plans;
- To contribute towards and influence the European Union’s health-related directives and health-related policies;
- To collaborate with other international organisations whose aims are complementary;
- To take any appropriate measures required to fulfill the above objectives.
Malta Health Network VO/076 has been certified as conforming with the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations, Malta. MHN’s Statute was approved during the MHN’s AGM of April 2017.
Policies Document 2019 as approved during AGM 2019 held on 28th February 2020
Malta Health Network VO/076 is Certified Compliant with the Office of the Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations, Malta. Commissioner for VO Malta